Future of Carbon Policy Forum: Make Thursday Memorable
Don’t miss this opportunity to register for Thursday’s Future of Carbon Policy Forum.
It’s an event you’ll talk about on Friday, and remember for a long time. (Can you say that about whatever it is that’s sitting on your Thursday calendar now?)
Are you looking to shape the future of carbon policy, benefit from changes in carbon policy, or learn about new possibilities in carbon policy? Whether as a business leader, environmental advocate, or interested individual, you’ll be better positioned to navigate our clean energy future thanks to the information you’ll learn at the Forum.
Space Needle Lounge
Our venue for the Forum is the open and airy Atrium in Seattle’s brand new Climate Pledge Arena – home of the Kraken and on track to be the world’s first net-zero carbon arena. Following the speakers, Q&A, and panel discussion, we’ll move to the arena’s Space Needle Lounge for appetizers and refreshments (included with your ticket), and for the presentation by Governor Inslee of the first annual David & Patricia Giuliani Clean Energy Entrepreneur Award.
Featured speakers and special guests include the U.S. Department of Energy’s Robert Edwards (with $40B to loan clean energy innovators), U.S. Representative Kim Schrier, M.D. (Climate & Ag Task Force co-chair), WA Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz (with news about carbon sequestration), WA Senate Ways & Means Chair Christine Rolfes (lead budget planner and negotiator), WA Senate Transportation Chair Marko Liias (with observations about the just-passed $16B transportation package), WA Senate Environment & Energy Chair Reuven Carlyle (architect of the Climate Commitment Act), and WA House Environment & Energy Committee Ranking Member Matt Boehnke (representing a region in our state that is leading on clean energy innovation). Governor Jay Inslee will be there to present the David & Patricia Giuliani Clean Energy Entrepreneur Award.
We sincerely hope you’ll make time to join us next Thursday from 3 to 6pm at Climate Pledge Arena. For that one afternoon, it will be the epicenter of climate action, with movers and shakers from Olympia to D.C.
Welcome & Introductions - Atrium, Climate Pledge Arena
- Remarks U.S. Representative Kim Schrier
- Remarks Robert Edwards, Department of Energy
- Q&A Moderated by State Senator Reuven Carlyle, Chair Senate Environment, Energy, and Technology Committee
- Panel Featuring:
- State Senator Christine Rolfes, Chair Senate Ways and Means Committee
- State Senator Marko Liias, Chair Senate Transportation Committee
- Representative Matt Boehnke, House Environment Committee
- Q&A Moderated by Isaac Kastama, Government Affairs, Clean & Prosperous Washington
- Remarks Commissioner of Public Lands Hilary Franz
Reception - Space Needle Lounge, Climate Pledge Arena
- Serving Appetizers and Refreshments
- David & Patricia Giuliani Clean Energy Entrepreneur Award
- Presented by Governor Inslee, and Alan Crain, Board Chair Clean & Prosperous Washington, with special guest Dan Giuliani
- Nominees include Kenworth, All American Marine, and Promus Energy