Build Back Better with the Climate Commitment Act
CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS
Show your support for SB 5126
Follow the simple steps on this Washington State Legislature feedback form to communicate your support directly to members in your legislative district.
Overwhelming support for SB 5126
Environmental groups. Energy companies. Local employers. Equity advocates. These voices and many more agree: The Climate Commitment Act (SB 5126) is exactly what Washington needs right now. We have to start pushing down statewide emissions. We have to do it equitably. And we have to do it in a way that will boost our economy at this crucial moment.
- 36th District Environmental Caucus
- 43rd District Democrats Environmental Caucus
- African American Community Cultural & Educational Society
- American Institute of Architects WA Council
- Appropriate Technology Group
- Citizen's Climate Lobby
- Confederated Tribes & Bands of the Yakama Nation
- Earth Up
- Eco Consulting LLC
- Ecotope Inc.
- Horizon House Environment Committee
- Indivisible Bainbridge Island
- Indivisible Eastside
- Indivisible Skagit
- Indivisible Vashon
- Indivisible Whidbey
- John L Scott Des Moines
- League of Women Voters of Washington
- Low Carbon Prosperity Institute
- MDC - Metropolitan Development Council
- National Fisheries Conservation Center
- Nuestra Casa
- NW Seaport Alliance
- Office of Governor Jay Inslee
- Olympia Indivisible
- Pacific EV Solutions
- Pacific North Westy
- People for Climate Action
- Puget Sound Partnership
- Puyallup Tribe of Indians
- Rainier Audubon Society
- Renewable Northwest
- Rick Steves Europe
- Sauk-Suiattle Tribe
- Seattle City Light
- SEIU 1199NW
- Shell Oil Company
- Snohomish County Indivisible
- The Jia Group
- The Nature Conservancy
- The WA Black Lives Matter Alliance
- Tulalip Tribes
- Volt Athletics
- WA Federation of State Employees
- Wallingford Indivisible
- Washington Conservation Voters/Washington Environmental Council
- Washington Indivisible Network
- Women of Wisdom
News and insights
In just a few weeks, we will be celebrating Earth Day. What better way to do that than to help reduce greenhouse gas emissions? Start by joining our Action Alert team now to support the Climate...
Thanks to the leadership of Senators Reuven Carlyle, Rebecca Saldaña, Steve Hobbs, and others, SB 5126 -- the Climate Commitment Act -- passed in the Washington State Senate this evening. Senator...
Yesterday, the Senate Rules Committee pulled SB 5126, the Climate Commitment Act, to the floor of the Washington State Senate. That means soon, the Senate can take a big step toward putting...
As the Climate Commitment Act (SB 5126) moves to a vote in the Washington State Senate, it has support from businesses, labor, environmentalists and justice groups across the state. Why? Because...
When sponsors of the Climate Commitment Act (CCA) talk about “climate, jobs and justice”, just how many jobs are they talking about? And what kind of jobs would those be? For guidance, let’s look...
The growing movement to address our climate crisis while addressing our transportation infrastructure has gained another important business ally. In Sunday’s Seattle Times, Amazon’s vice president...